UAN Status : UAN which is also known as the Universal Account Number plays a very important role when it comes to checking your EPF balance, pf withdrawal and transfer. Though there are a number of ways with the help of which you can do that, but this way is the one most people prefer. This way is safe and one gets the result for sure. In case, you do not have UAN now, it would be better if you apply for the same so that you are able to get your EPF details fast.
What is UAN and how to generate Universal Account Number ?
Lets us start by understanding what is UAN. Universal Account Number is a 12 digit number which is allotted to all the EPFO employees. The number offers these employees a unique identity. This identity does not change from time to time. This will stay with the person for a lifetime. It is very easy to get the UAN. You just have to submit all your details like that of your name, number and also various documents and then after the process is done, you will get your UAN. All the employees get their UAN status. If you are not getting your UAN from your employer, then you should not worry. You can get the same by checking yourself the status. Even if you change your job at any stage of your life, the number will still remain the same.
This number is very beneficial for you. It provides you a unique identity. You can also very easily link the same with your bank account number, your aadhar card number or also your PAN card number. It also makes the process easier for you.
You can check your UAN status online by doing the following :
At the UAN members portal, the status can be checked. Before you start the process of checking online, it would be better that you keep ready your 22 digit EPF id with you for fast process.
- You will have to open a link for this. The link is “uanmembers.epfoservices.in/check_uan_status.php“.
- After you click on this, “know your uan status” page will open in front of you. You will have to click on that.
- After this step, you will get a drop-down list. This list is about the region and the state you belong to. Carefully add the correct name of the state and region so that you do not have to fill the form again in the future.
- When you select the state and the region, the first two boxes will get filled on its own.
- After this step, you will be required to fill the establishment code and the extension code. In case if you do not have one, leave it blank.
- There will be a button after that which says “ Check status”. Click on that. You will get a message whether your details are all accepted or not and also whether you have been allotted the number or not.
- On the basis of the message, you will be able to confirm the same.
For further details about UAN Status or UAN Status for EPF Account Number, Registration , epf balance please visit official website of the EPFO.